Sunday, February 23, 2020

Learn TOEFL with Howard - 052-3485156

האוורד
052-3485156

Essay structure and the writing-process
CZ Writing
Perfect Phrases for the TOEFL
Independent Rubric:
ScoreRubric Notes
5
  • Effectively addresses the topic and task.
  • Is well organized and developed.
  • Displays strong and consistent language skills with minimal errors.
4
  • Addresses the topic and task well, though some points may not be fully elaborated.
  • Is generally well organized and well developed.
  • Occasional noticeable minor errors in structure, word form, or use of idiomatic language that do not interfere with meaning.
3
  • Addresses the topic and task using somewhat developed explanations, exemplifications, and/or details.
  • May demonstrate inconsistent facility in sentence formation and word choice that may result in lack of clarity and occasionally obscure meaning.
2
  • Limited development in response to the topic and task.
  • Lack of details to support or illustrate generalizations in response to the task.
  • An accumulation of errors in sentence structure and/or usage.
1
  • Little or no detail, or irrelevant specifics, or questionable responsiveness to the task.
  • Serious and frequent errors in sentence structure or usage.
0
  • Merely copies sentences from the reading, rejects the topic or is not connected to the topic, is written in a foreign language,or is blank.

 

Integrated Rubric:

ScoreRubric Notes
5
  • Successfully selects the important information from the lecture.
  • Coherently and accurately presents information from both the lecture and the reading.
  • Well organized with few language errors.
4
  • Generally good in selecting the important information from the lecture and reading.
  • May have minor omission, inaccuracy, vagueness, or imprecision of some content.
  • More frequent or noticeable minor language errors.
3
  • It conveys only vague, global, unclear, or somewhat imprecise information about the lecture and reading.
  • Key points may be missing.
  • Errors of usage and/or grammar may be more frequent and obscure meanings.
2
  • Contains some relevant information from the lecture, but is marked by significant language difficulties or by significant omission or inaccuracy of important ideas.
1
  • Provides little or no meaningful or relevant coherent content from the lecture.
  • The language level of the response is so low that it is difficult to derive meaning.
0
  • Merely copies sentences from the reading, rejects the topic or is not connected to the topic, is written in a foreign language,or is blank.

 

  שיעורים פרטיים להכנה למבחן טופל 


  0523-485156
skype: burnshoward
PART 1

PART 2
TOEFL SPEAKING
Free ESL Listening   
  1. Summarize articles
  2. Ginger 
These are the best apps out there to study for your TOEFL Test.
TOEFL preparation




25 comments:

Howard Burns said...

Hi Howard,
I just got my test score, it is a 111. I am happy with my score, and want to thank you, especially for your wonderful website with all the great links.
Thank you
Guy Nadler

Howard Burns said...

I just wanted to let you know that I got a score of 108 on the toefl!
Reading- 26
Listening- 29
Speaking-28
Writing-25
Thank you for all your help and support!!!
Dana

Howard Burns said...

Hi
This morning I landed at the airport
I was at a conference in the U.S.
I got 91in the exam:
Reading: 23
Writing: 21
Speech: 23
Listening:26
I have to get to 93 overall score
And speech 24

Khatib

Howard Burns said...

Dear Howard,

Thanks a lot for your help.
Im happy...

Tomer

Request additional score reports

Test Test Date Reading Listening Speaking Writing Total
TELXML December 3, 2010 21 26 23 21 91

Howard Burns said...

hello Howard how are you it is arkadi from last toefl course in haifa i got my score it is 87 thank you very much you are a great teacher and the course was really fun best regards and good luck
arkadi
‭‮

Howard Burns said...

Hi Howard!
thanks for everything, now I dont have to do this test ever again.

my score is 106

reading- 29

listening- 28

speaking- 27

writing- 22

bye
Amit

Howard Burns said...

הווארד תודה רבה על הטיפים והתרגולים הרבים שנתת היתי צריך 80 וקיבלתי 90 :)
דני

גיל קצבמן said...

hi Howard
I just wanted to thank you for all you have done.
I needed a score of 100 for nursing school
I got 112 !!!! I'm so happy !!
Thank you very much
Reading 28
Listening 30
Speaking 26
Writing 28

Gill Katzevman

Howard Burns said...

Hello Howard,

TOEFL scores are as followed:
Total - 95 points
Reading & Listening - 22 points each
Speaking - 26 Points
Writing - 25 Points

Overall I felt really good on the exam. Once you understand the technique it works like chram.

Again, thank you so much for your assistance. I will contact you in the future for recommendation purposes.

Sincerely,
Yehudah Katz

Howard Burns said...

Hi Howard,

Thank you for the grate course. I got the mark I need: 108 (reading and listening = 30, speaking and writing= 24)

My speaking was terrible! I don't know how did I get 24....
On the other hand, I think my essays are very good... and I got only 24.

Indeed, the room in Ramat-Gan is very small, and one needs to be very concentrated to do the speaking part.

Thanks again,
Evgeny

Howard Burns said...

Hey Howard
I want to thank you for the wonderful course and to inform you that I got 108 on the test. I am very pleased and hope it would help me to be accepted to a good university.
thank you for your help!


Maya

Howard Burns said...

Hi Howard,


got my TOEFL score... I think I'm a little disappointed, needed 100 and got 98.. don't know if this 2 points really matter.


I got: 30 on the listening, 23 on the reading, 25 on the writing and 20 on the speaking


So. just wanted to thank you for you're course,, It really helped me a lot!

Haim Assor

Howard Burns said...

Hi Howard,


I just got my TOEFL scores. I got 106. That's OK right?




Thanks for everything,


Dani- T11

Howard Burns said...

הי הווארד,
הגיעו היום התוצאות של המבחן
קיבלתי 93
תודה רבה על כל העזרה התמיכה וההכנה!
זה עזר לי ולמד אותי המון
תודה...


עמית

Howard Burns said...

Hey Howard,

I wanted to let you know that I got 107 in the TOEFL exam.
Thank you very much for all the help and assistance in the preparations for the exam, and especially with the speaking section.

Thanks,
Rotem

teleton11 said...

Hey there Howard,

I'd like to thank you for this amazing site you put together; it really helped me to prepare for the test! I got a 112 score and i'm so thrilled! That's way over the 80 I needed :)

Total score- 112
Reading- 29
Listening- 29
Speaking- 26
Writing- 28

Thanks a lot,
Leead.

Howard Burns said...

Hi Howard
just got the score
total 106
speaking 28
listening 28
reading 28
writing 22


thanks a lot for your help
thanks a lot
Elias

Howard Burns said...

Hello Howard

To start with I want to thank you again for all your help during the course!
I received my TOEFL scores today, and I got much more than I expected.
The top score that I aimed at was 107 for application to London School of Economics and Politics, and I got just that - 107 on my TOEFL test.
Reading - 27
Listening - 28
Speaking - 28
Writing - 24

Thank you for your time and effort

Alex Stotland

Unknown said...

אני רוצה להודות לך מכל הלב על כל הדרך שעשית אתי, על ההשקעה, האכפתיות, היחס החם ועל זה שקיבלת אותי ברמה של אולי 55 ולא הרפת עד שהגעתי ל 93 (הציון שאני צריכה) אני מודה לך שוב ומאחלת לכל תלמיד מורה כמוך

איויאן

לנה said...

הי הווארד,
רציתי להודות לך על השיעורים המעולים שנתת לי, קיבלתי את הציון שהייתי צריכה והכל בזכותך!
הגעתי אליך אחרי
שעשיתי את המבחן פעמיים וכבר היית מיואשת ואתה כמובן עודדת אותי וגרמת לי להאמין שאני אצליח.
היית מאוד מקצועי, שיפרת לי את הכתיבה בצורה מדהימה, החומר שנתת לי היה מקיף ותאם את רמת הבחינה, ההסברים שלך היו מעולים, הכנת אותי בצורה טובה להתמודדות עם
לחץ של זמן והכי חשוב תמיד היית זמין לכל שאלה.
תודה על הכל!

Netanel said...

Hello Howard,
Thank you very much for your help!
We both got over 100 Thanks to your work with us. The advices and tips from an experienced teacher do make the difference!

Niva&Netanel

Anonymous said...

הווארד שלום.

קיבלתי היום את הציון של ה toefl והוא מספק מבחינתי.
הציון הכללי הוא 106
בקריאה 29
האזנה 30
דיבור 24
כתיבה 23
הדרישות של אוניברסיטת טורונטו ל fellowship קליני הן ציון כללי מינימלי של 94 וציון מינימלי של 24 בחלק של הדיבור, כך שמבחינתי הציון טוב.

תודה רבה ולהתראות,
דודי

Unknown said...

Howard, Thank you!!!
Just got 110!!! Way more than I need!
Thanks for the lessons and the engouragment!
Sagui

Unknown said...

Nice and cool post about TOEFL Speaking Part 2 it will help the students

GRE classes atlanta | TOEFL exam prep for international students

Anonymous said...

Howard, you're the greatest teacher I've ever had, not only did you prepare me for the TOEFL test to get the score I needed to be accepted for my studies in the US, but also you inspired me to follow my dreams and not be afraid to trust myself.
I will always be grateful to you and remember you.
Debbie
Israel 2015

ללמוד אנגלית עם האוורד